St. Joseph Pasta
2 cans (about 1 pound) chick peas with juices (not drained)
4 heads of cauliflower washed and cut up in 2 inch pieces
1 cup fennel fronds (the feathery leaves at the end of fennel stalks)
8 chicken boullion cubes
1 49.5-ounce can of chicken broth
1 pound dried fava beans, soaked in pot of water for 24 hours and shelled
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
8 cups water
Home-made St. Joseph fettucini pasta, cooked
- Drain the fava beans, shelled, and place in fresh water in pot. Cook beans on high heat until fork-tender.
- Cover the bottom of a large stockpot with olive oil, and add cauliflower. Saut√© 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add fennel fronds, chick peas, and cooked fava beans. Cover with chicken broth and 8 cups of water. Add chicken bouillon cubes. Drizzle top of mixture with olive oil.
- Lower heat and cook until cauliflower is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper. This goranza, or sauce, is going to look like a slightly thick soup.
- Serve over cooked home-made St. Joseph fettucini pasta.